Red Faction 2 Complete Walkthrough – Mission 8 (Dancing with the Dead) in 4K UHD, at 60FPS on HARD MODE with ALL BONUS OBJECTIVES.
● RF2 playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrRiUAy88fMK4Va4PZU50Fm6b3aJFMO34
● Created by Volition, published by THQ Nordic.
Hard mode makes the entire game a lot harder than it is on either of the two other modes (which I found to be relatively indifferent from one another). That means that headshots will remove an entire healthbar, and you simply take a lot more damage overall. I can’t really tell if enemies act smarter, but I don’t think they utilise different strategies, simply because of the difficulty.
To fix all the numerous issues revolving around the resolution and aspect ratio when playing in 4K, visit this page: https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Red_Faction_II
► TIPS & TRICKS
– Whenever you use the N.I.C.W grenade fire mode., NGL-8 Nanotech Grenade Launcher, MKAP-97 or the W.A.S.P., be aware that you’ll very often sustain lots of damage when using nearby objects or small corridors (which will be the case in many levels, actually!). Whenever you’re in close-quarter areas, simply use the shotgun, pistols or rifles instead.
– A health-kit is best picked-up when you are at least one healthbar (or lower) down.
– Grenades have a very akward air trajectory, which is very arc-like, rather than in a horizontal line. Very often you’ll bump your grenades against the ceiling into objects and back to you, so beware. The sticky grenades do not have this problem as much.
– Headshots are lethal on you, but so are they on enemies. Aim for the head with rifles like the CAR-72 Military Assault Rifle or the N.I.C.W.
► LEVEL TIPS
The first ‘bonus objective’ is not really one that’s gonna let you know in the objectives blog that you achieved something, but you WILL get a heroics star if you kill around 100 Processed zombies at the very start of this level. It is often suggested to use the sniper rifle for this achievement, otherwise you’ll drain all the ammo from more important rifles that are better used against the soldiers. As such DO NOT USE THE NANO RAILGUN that you get at the start of this level, because you’ll need it for the first bonus objective of the Catacombs segment instead.
Finding Durgan’s earring is a weird bonus objective, and has pretty much no references in the game whatsoever, never being mentioned as a character anywhere. As a result, I cannot give any information about it, other than that someone thinks it might have been a summoner character.
Another weird heroics star (that I have NEVER seen documented anywhere) you get, is when you blow up the turret in the catacombs, instead of just shooting it. You’ll get it only after you also defeat the two soldiers that accompanied the turret.
Quill is relatively easy, even in hard mode. The railgun will often defeat her in around 5-6 headshots. You cannot see her targetpoint, however, when scoping with the railgun, so you’ll have to expose yourself each time you try to shoot her. Beware of snipers that will respawn after a while once killed, close to the starting position atop the windows in the middle of the church.
► BONUS OBJECTIVES
Taken from this guide: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/551510-red-faction-ii/faqs/23545
1) Kill 100 Processed 00:22
2) Take a (much needed) bath 06:30
3) Find Durgan’s earring 07:03
4) Disturb no burial urns 07:32
5) Blow up the turret (instead of shooting it) 08:14
6) Clear the catacombs of the Processed 08:35
JOIN OUR DISCORD: https://discord.gg/zydxhAm
Twitter tag: GamingReviewsYT
Twitch tag: gamingreviews_yt
Facebook tag: gamingreviewsyt
● Difficulty: Hard Mode
● Resolution: 3840×2160
● Aspect Ratio & FOV: 16:9 (90)
● Advanced Video settings: Maximum
► PC SPECIFICATIONS
– Win10 Home Edition [64-Bit]
– Intel Core i7 7820X @ 3.60GHz [Skylake-X 14nm Technology]
– NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti [4GB]
– 16,0GB Dual-Channel @ 1066MHz (cl14) [DDR4]
– Gigabyte X299 AORUS Ultra Gaming Pro
– Xilence Performance X [750W]
– AOC PQU2777B Monitor [3840×[email protected]]
– Samsung SSD 960 EVO [500GB]
– Samsung SSD 960 EVO [250GB]
– Western Digital WDC [3TB]
– ASUS BC-12D2HT [Blu-ray]
– ASUS XONAR PHOEBUS Audio Device
► STEAMGROUP https://steamcommunity.com/groups/gamingreviews #GamingReviews #RedFaction2 #HardMode